Recon Pro features InnerLockTM D.O.T. Compliant Bead RetentionTechnology [learn more], replaceable HALO Wheel Armor [LEARN MORE] and aggressive 16-spoke styling. Recon PRO is initially available in 17 X 8.5" size for popular 5-, 6- and 8-lug applications. Available wheel finishes are Charcoal and Satin Black, and come with preinstalled HALO Wheel Armor in Satin Black.
With InnerLockTM and HALO, Recon PRO is the most capable, most versatile wheel available for your truck, Jeep, Bronco or SUV. InnerLockTM makes Recon PRO both legal on the streetl and a beast off-road, giving you confidence to explore at the lowest air pressures, then air up and drive to work on Monday without looking over your shoulder. And with HALO, you can take the more daring lines, knowing that your rims are protected from rock rash with removable, easily replaceable Wheel Armor segments. Take a deep dive into both of these ICON Technologies with this informative video:
Like all ICON Alloys wheels, Recon PRO is made of high grade cast aluminum alloy, engineered for great looks and rugged durability. Recon PRO carries a generous 3,200-pound load rating in 5- and 6-lug formats, and a massive 4,000-pound load rating in the 8-lug version.
The aggressive 16-spoke concave styling, along with your choice of quality UV-resistant finishes gives Recon PRO its head-turning appeal. Please check out our gallery of images below, and feel free to send in photos of your truck rocking Recon PRO's to add to the collection:
recon pro key features
- Engineered for D.O.T-Compliance
- Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) provides the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance, ideal for the "weekend warrior"
- Bead-retention system features alloy pins that are removable, reusable, and replaceable
- Hardened bead retention pins utilize a SAE J1926 O-ring seal and are constructed from high strength alloy that is thermochemically treated for extremecorrosion resistance
- Quick, easy, and safe tire installation and removal
- HALO Wheel Armor system constructed of highgrade aluminum with 4 individually replaceable segments
- Aggressive 16-spoke concave styling
- InnerLock & HALO bolt heads are located inside the barrel of the wheel, protected from rock damage
- Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance
- Reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass (compared to a traditional bead lock) improves handling characteristics and vehicle dynamics
- Aluminum alloy construction and 3,200 lbs load rating (4,000 lbs on 8-lug version) provides strength properties that are well suited for offroad use
- Charcoal or Satin Black powder coat finish
ICON TECHNOLOGIES: INNERLOCKTM
InnerLockTM is ICON's patented, D.O.T. Compliant bead retention system, making these wheels legal on the street and a beast off-road. InnerLockTM Technology uses a series of high strength alloy bead retention pins inserted through a thickened section of the wheel to act as a fence to physically prevent the tire bead from being pushed away from the wheel's inner lip. This simple but ingenious solution is patented, lab-tested, and has been trail-proven on the toughest terrain from coast to coast.
FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) No.139 Tire Bead Unseat Resistance Test (modified to 10 psi). Results from multiple tests validated the effectiveness of ICON's InnerLock technology by exceeding the mechanical limits of the machine (over 7600lbs load) without ever de-beading the tire.
ICON TECHNOLOGIES: halo wheel armor
The all-new HALO Wheel Armor system is intelligently designed with segmented quarters, allowing for convenient and cost-effective replacement of individual segments if they incur damage, such as from rock rash. This unique feature eliminates the need to replace the entire set, providing flexibility and efficiency in maintenance.
Moreover, the replacement process is seamless, as HALO segments can be installed or replaced without the necessity of dismounting the tire from the wheel. Crafted from high-grade aluminum,
these segments are initially presented in a sleek satin black finish that come preinstalled on the Recon Pro. However, for those seeking a personalized touch, HALO is also offered in Raw Aluminum as a separate part that can be easily customized through painting or specialized coating in any color, offering a truly unique aesthetic